Sunday, November 1, 2009

Month of Characters: Wendel

Since it's November and National Novel Writing Month, I thought I would start off my Month of Characters with the main character of my nanowrimo project: Enchantment: Wendel's Story. So, without further ado, I give you a letter from Wendel!

Character name: Wendel of Aurum
From: Enchantment: Wendel's Story
Author: Pamela MacLean

Dear readers,
I have been asked to take a moment from narrating my story to tell you a little bit about myself. The problem is that I don't know where to begin. I could start at the beginning, but then that would belittle my efforts in telling my story. So, as it is, I'm going to tell you where I am now, as in the year 2009.

Right now, I am in the small town of Golden Bell, CA waiting for eight teenagers to come into the full force and recognition of their magical abilities. There is nothing I can really do and no one that I can guide until they do this. I have calculated that their powers should begin to show within months of today's date. Then, my life should get really interesting.

Until then, I am content with writing the story of my life down in a leather bound journal. Some day, people may wish to look back on the knowledge of their predecessors and my journal will be there for them. Someday, people may find a way to reverse what I have done and find a way back into Aurum. Until that day, however, I am writing down all that I can to have on record. For when I go, more than a thousand years of knowledge will go with me if I do not preserve it.

The ever aging wizard,
Wendel of Aurum


Do you want to have your character included in the month of characters? If so, submit your entry to aurumsisters@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment