Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NaNoWriMo: I'm thinking in details

There's this point that I hit from time to time when I've been writing a lot. It's the point where I'm taking in all of the little details around them and describing them in my head as though I were writing them. I was doing this frequently today. I always take it as a good sign.

For example, I'm driving down the interstate on my usual route home from class and I have my window down (more on that later). From the air outside my window, I smell a scent from the local factory (I think the paper mill?). As the air pours in, I think to myself "she smelled the scent of pollution drifting in the air." I don't think this is the normal response, but it's what comes from my writer's mind.

Does anyone else experience this when they write a lot? Just randomly thinking in writing details?

On another note, I rode most of the way home with my windows rolled down. This is not a usual thing for me. I rode through downtown and the interstate with the wind whipping in my face, the music blasting, and my mouth singing. It was quite freeing. I highly recommend doing it on a whim sometime.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled life and I will return to my to do list.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do :-D I have also changed some of my dreams; I'm now "reading out loud" the stories in stead of "watching movies" :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...now you've got me curious. I'll have to pay attention to my dreams and see if I "read" or "watch" them. =)

    ReplyDelete