Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!!

I thought I would take a moment to thank the many service men and women out there serving along with the veterans who have previously served in the service.

The military has always played a strong part in my life. I grew up on an Air Force base as a military brat. My father served over 20 years in the U.S. Air Force. He was stationed in Charleston for all of those years. I was born and raised here - much of that time on the local air base.

I have seen and heard many things as a military brat. I have seen different levels of security take effect as our country was under attack in 2001. I have known several men to go overseas to serve in our country's time of need. I could list ways the military has affected me for a while, but I want to keep this brief so that you can enjoy your Veteran's Day.

I have also known the joy of being close to my family. When your friends are changing each year because your school is highly comprised of military families, you start to grow closer to your family. With time, you learn to bond and become really close to your immediate family. They are the only ones that have been there for me through thick and thin each and every moment of the way on my road of life.

As a daughter of a veteran, I feel it is only right to take this day to honor him. I would like to tell my father that I love him and appreciate all that he does for my sister and me. Thank you daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment