Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Sesame Street!!

Image from: Wikia


I wanted to take a break from NaNoWriMo and all things writing to wish a happy birthday to a very special show.

Last week, I noticed that Google's picture was changing daily. Each day it featured a different member of the Sesame Street crew. This excited me because I grew up watching Sesame Street. I have to admit that they taught me a lot.

I was even more excited to learn that they were celebrating forty years. That's right! It's forty years for one of television's most beloved children's show.

If you have never watched an episode of Sesame Street and smiled with Big Bird, Elmo, or the rest of the crew, I strongly suggest that you do so. They were among my favorite as a child.

Let's take a moment and share our favorite Sesame Street memories. My favorite memory is of me carrying a small big bird wearing a blue t-shirt around with me everywhere. When I first started watching Sesame Street, I was too young to pronounce big bird, so this little fellow was affectionally nicknamed Giggi (pronounced with hard g's). What's your favorite memory? Share in the comments! I would love to hear them.

I've taken a moment to celebrate. Now, it's back to NaNoWriMo and trying to get up to where I should be. Happy writing and celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment