Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Post about Writing

It's NaNoWriMo. But, I'm not going to write about that today.

Instead, I'm going to write about something else. First, I'm going to apologize for no entry yesterday. I took a leave of absence from the internet without intending to. It was sort of nice. I spent the day enjoying time with my family - very rejuvenating.

Today, I'm working on my wriitng. But, unlike many, I'm not working on getting closer to the 50k of NaNo. I'm working on a synopsis for the novel my sister and I wrote this past summer. It has been a two hour process so far to work on it. And we're still not done.

This is the point where I should say that I like writing things a lot more than I like editing them. I always have. But, I am learning how to like both. It truly does help to have a sister going through it with me.

NaNoWriMo can wait. It's not that important to my writing that I write 50k on one work this month. Editing the novel we wrote and writing its synopsis is much more important to me at this moment.

So, I encourage you to go out and do what's best for your writing right now. That may be editing, writing, or taking a break. Whatever it is, set your mind to it and do it. Do not let a word count trip you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment