Thursday, November 26, 2009
The Thankful Post
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in America!
I have thought a bit about how I wanted to post for Thanksgiving. I have many mixed feelings surrounding Thanksgiving, due to the stories of our past. However, I have decided to settle on the most positive aspect of it: being thankful.
That being said, I present you with my thankful list.
1. I am thankful to have a wonderful sister, who happens to double as an awesome best friend. I wouldn't trade her for anything.
2. I am thankful to have a mother who is also a friend. I can turn to her for anything.
3. I am thankful to have a father who will always stand by me no matter what. He also has an awesome shoulder to cry on.
4. I am thankful to have a beautiful, well-behaved dog. She brightens each day for me.
5. I am thankful to have finally found a best friend after years of searching. We have even managed to stay in touch after she moved. Thanks Natalie!
6. I am thankful to the friends I have made on livejournal in the past year. There are too many to name them all, but know that you are loved!
7. I am thankful to the girls at the Enchanted Storytellers. They have kept me sane and happy. I am so excited for some of the things we have planned.
8. I am thankful to have written 100 posts on my blog in the past few months. I never thought I would see it through to this point.
9. I am thankful to see that people actually read (and enjoy) our fiction over at Two to Write.
10. I am thankful to have a job, even if it's not an actual teaching job.
11. I am thankful to be alive.
12. I am thankful to have a sister who also writes. Together, I think we can accomplish great things.
13. I am thankful to all of the people who follow my blog.
And with that (an award just for you)....