Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Month of Holidays: Day 8

It's the eighth day of December! That means Christmas is just 17 days away. And Hanukkah is a mere 4 days away. Stores are bustling and people are shopping, searching for that perfect gift. Students are cramming for their finals and teachers are trying to keep children engaged in learning as their minds drift to the break ahead. People in the north are experiencing (or hoping to experience) a snow day, while those in the south are wishing they stood a chance at snow. All in all, there's a merriment in the air as houses light up and children pose for pictures with Santa Claus in a crowded mall.

Where do you fall on this eighth day of December? Are you super busy? Or just relaxing? Are you embracing the spirit of the holidays? Or are you the humbug in the corner?

I, personally, am trying my best to get in the spirit of Christmas. I have found each year that it gets more difficult to get in the spirit. I don't know why that is. Christmas is my favorite time of year - I don't want to lose the excitement of it to an unknown source.

Next week, is the faculty Christmas party at my school. I need your help on something. What should I buy/make for a white elephant gift exchange? (There is a $10 limit.) If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!!

Song of the Day: "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Bing Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment