Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Month of Holidays: Day 5

The countdown continues! As does the lyrics to our song...

"On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love gave to me
five gold rings,
four calling birds,
three French hens,
two turtle doves,
and a partridge in a pear tree!"



Five days into our countdown. That means there are seven days left until our countdown ends. Seven days until Christmas Eve. Seven days until the festivities begin!

Five gold rings. Gold is a color most associated with precious things in our lives. Gold has been held in high value for many years. It has deep historical roots. So, I thought we would celebrate this day by looking at what is precious in our lives. Specifically, who are precious in our lives.

So, here goes my list of five golden individuals:
1. Crystal, my sister and best friend
2. Brenda, my awesome mother
3. Dwight, my wonderful father
4. Kandy, my loveable dog
5. Sandy, my first dog who passed away in 2003

Who are five of your golden individuals?

Also, keep any eye out for an announcement about next month's theme!

And, remember to stop by Two to Write and check out the contest section! We're hosting our first contest and I'm really excited about it. I would love to see more participants.

Song of the Day: "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Jars of Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment