Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

This is going to be a short post. I thought I would take a moment today to explain a little bit about my job.

I graduated college in May of 2008 with a bachelor's degree in early childhood education. I started looking for a job immediately. However, the market was no too friendly to me. I ended up starting up a classroom in August 2008 (as a long-term sub) at the school where I did my student teaching. Ten days into school, though, the county moved teachers around and the position went away.

When this happened, the principal offered me the assistant teacher's position in the same classroom. Having no job and having already formed a bond with these students, I quickly accepted. So, I spent all of last year as a kindergarten assistant. That's the short of last year.

This summer, I continued with my search for a job. Again, the economy wasn't so friednly - in fact it was even tougher. At the beginning of the school year, I got the news that I was moved as an assistant - from kindergarten to special ed at a different school. Now, I'm a special ed assistant in a cross-categorical 4th and 5th grade classroom. And I'm going to grad school full time (9 hours). And still job hunting.

That's the quick version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment