Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

I so wanted a thought provoking epic post for this Thursday. That's why I put off writing it - thinking that maybe something would come to me.

Guess what? Nothing epic came to me. So, I'm just going to share a little bit with you about my life this semester and what's keeping me so busy.

The first thing keeping me busy is a forty-hour (sometimes more) a week job. I currently work as an assistant teacher in a self-contained special education classroom. This class is a cross-categorical class (meaning a variety of disabilities) of fourth and fifth graders. We have nine students, plus several resource students that come in and out. I am always on the go between working with groups, supervising, and taking students to and from locations. There is hardly a dull moment in the day.

The next thing on my plate is 9 hours of graduate classes. This is considered full-time for graduate school. I just started my Masters of Teaching, Learning, and Advocacy this year. I love being back in the learning environment with others interested in similar topics, but it does take a lot of time.

So, if you add those two up, it totals 49 hours and I haven't even factored in the transportation, meal, or homework time. And I'm not going to. The number would be too astounding. I'm just simply going to say that maybe now you can understand why I'm so busy.

Am I complaining? No, not really. I love my job (even though I'm still looking for a teaching job) and I'm enjoying my classes. I just wish there was more time in the day.

And that's as thoughtful as this Thursday is going to be unfortunately.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs*
    I'm proud of you for doing so much! And wish you all the best of luck.
    The fact that you're doing all of this, and STILL getting time to write a lot is amazing. You're an inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete