Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday: My Favorite Book

So, when I created the schedule last week, I thought that picking a favorite book would be easy. I have since then decided that it's no small task. That being said, I'm going to list my top three and I'll give you fuller reviews of each in the upcoming weeks.

Stardust by Neil Gaiman
I will admit it - I read this book simply because I saw the preview for the movie. The preview intrigued me so much that I looked up the title and discovered there was a book. I immediately put it on hold at the local library and read it in two days flat (even with my summer job). So, when the movie officially came out, I had already read and fell in love with the book. I was grealty pleased with the movie even though bits of it are different.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I'm not even sure what got me started on this book. For some reason, I set out to read it even though I had no need or reason too. It wasn't long before I fell in love with Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett. Unlike Stardust, I was not pleased with the Hollywood adaptation of this book. There is much to be said for the A&E miniseries staring Colin Firth though...

Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
As far as funny books go, this one is on my list. I have read many of Kinsella's books, starting with Shopaholic. I have read all of the books in that series. I am not sure what got me started on this one either, but I am happy that I did. It took me a little while before I got into it, but once I did, I found that it was fun to read. It's not a book that you take all that seriously, but that just makes it funner to me.

That's just the first three that popped to mind. I'm sure there's more that I could list if I allowed myself longer to think. I will be reviewing each one in the upcoming weeks. If you have a preference on which one I start with, just let me know.

What are your top three favorite books?

No comments:

Post a Comment