Sunday, September 27, 2009

Simply Sunday

As you may know, I am currently taking my first semester of graduate classes. While this keeps me busy, it also gets me one step closer to a master's degree.

Unfortunately, homework and class seem to interfere with my writing time. Luckily, I found a way to combine the two for one of my classes.

I am taking a class on family and community involvement in schools. For this class, she is letting us dictate what our projects are going to be. That way, each person can work on something specialized to their needs.

I thought long and hard on what I wanted to do. Then, I met with her this past Thursday. I came up with the idea of writing a children's book that compares home life and rules to the school setting. It would be something a teacher could use with his/her class to introduce the differences.

She thought it was a wonderful idea! So, now I'm off and running on that project! I'll keep you posted on how it comes along. Who knows? It could turn out to be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment