Saturday, February 13, 2010

Around Charleston: Snow Day!

My hometown, Charleston, SC never sees snow. Every winter we get cold weather and rain, but hardly ever any snow. The few winters that I can recall getting snow, the ground was too warm for it to stick.


Until last night! Last night, we saw 3-4 inches of snowfall that stuck to the ground and was still there this morning. It was our own special snowstorm. I can't describe how excited I was. It was like being a kid again. As my sister put it, we had to get 20+ years of playing in the snow all in in one night.


We had our first snowball fight, learned how to roll snow to make a big snowman, and caught snowflakes on our tongue. It made for a perfect start to the weekend.


And, for your (and my) pleasure - pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment