Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Around Charleston: The Charleston Museum



The above images are taken at the Charleston Museum, which I highly recommend visiting if you are a history buff. The museum had lots of great artifacts with interesting descriptions dating back to the colonial times in Charleston. I had the opportunity to learn about colonists, pirates, plantation owners, slaves, and so much more on my visit to the museum. In addition to their regular collection, they also have a special collection that rotates out periodically. During our trip to the museum, it was a wedding collection. We had the opportunity to see beautiful (and not so pretty) gowns from various time periods.

I have to give high praise to the museum for their Kidstory exhibit. This part of the museum is a hands-on area for kids to learn more about the local area. There is a pretend pirate deck, scaled lighthouse, and playhouse for the kids to enjoy. This room was probably my favorite in the whole museum. I would share pictures from this section, but they did not turn out as well as the others I have shared. I did provide a link, which gives you a good preview of this area.

3 comments: