Monday, February 22, 2010

Around Charleston: Magnolia Plantation

Of all the plantations I have visited, Magnolia Plantation is my least favorite in terms of historical houses. Not because the house isn't gorgeous, but because the house is not as old as some of it's neighbors.


(Click to view better quality)

The plantation does have several wonderful things to offer visitors though. It has a fun topiary maze that challenges individuals of all ages to find their way out. It has a petting zoo, where I had the pleasure of feeding and petting deer. They truly are gentle creatures. It also has an extensive array of gardens that you can walk through. It certainly provides you with extensive exercise.

As with all of the local landmarks I have visited, I would recommend seeing Magnolia Plantation and it's surrounding gardens. If you visit, make sure you say "hi" to the deer for me!

The entire family took the trip out to Magnolia Plantation last month. I captured many great things on camera, in color and in black and white. Below is one of my favorite moments from the trip. It's a screenshot of my parents (who have been married for 28 years and counting) holding hands. It made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment