Friday, January 1, 2010

Books to Read in 2010

I promised a book post, didn't I? Well, here it is...

For Christmas, I put a lot of books on my Christmas list. Since I joined the blogging world, I have spent a lot of time looking at blogs with reviews of great young adult books out.

Since I started writing on a more regular basis, my reading bug has reignited. I think Allan Eckert says it best when he says "If you would be a writer, first be a reader. Only through the assimilation of ideas, thoughts and philosophies can one begin to focus his own ideas, thoughts and philosophies."

So, that's what I'm going to do - be a reader. This year, I am hoping to read a lot of books to spark my imagination and help me become a better writer.

That being said, let's look at my reading goals for 2010.

First, a picture of the collection of unread books on my headboard:



I hope to read most of these and a smattering of other books. Want to see my list?

Here it is (in reading order):
1. Full Moon (A Dark Guardian Novel) by Rachel Hawthorne
2. Dark of the Moon (A Dark Guardian Novel) by Rachel Hawthorne
3. Shadowland (The Mediator) by Meg Cabot
4. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
5. Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
6. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
7. Fallen by Lauren Kate
8. The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The Captive Part 1 by L.J. Smith
9. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
10. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
11. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
12. The Named by Marianne Curley
13. The Winter Prince by Cheryl Sawyer
14. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
15. Another Faust by Daniel & Dina Nayeri
16. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
17. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
18. The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith
19. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
20. Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
21. The Den of Shadows Quartet by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
22. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

*Some of these are the firsts in a series. If I enjoy the initial book of the series, then I will continue further with the rest of the series.

What are you planning to read in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment