Monday, August 31, 2009

Mad Monday: Concert Review

On Saturday, August 22nd, I had the amazing opportunity to attend a concert at the House of Blues with my sister. It is one that we had been looking forward to for months (literally).

The concert opened with a group called Ours. I had never heard this group before. I am not a fan of hearing a group for the first time in concert because you can't always get a true guage of your opinion of them. The drums drowned out many of the words the lead singer was singing, so I have no way of knowing whether or not I liked the lyrics of their songs. And lyrics are important to me. They sounded good, but I need to look them up again to give a true opinion of their music.

Next up was Switchfoot. I have been a fan of their music for a long time, so I was quite delighted to see them in person. They put on an amazing show. The lead singer was quite enthusiastic and even came out into the audience to sing. We were a bit worried that one girl's lighter was going to catch him on fire while he was out there, but it was still amazing. They sound just as good in person and I would highly recommend seeing them if you get the chance. I also heard that they should have a new album coming out soon...


Last was the headliner: Blue October. They were the reason we bought the tickets. I am happy to say that they sound amazing in person. I was in no way disappointed by them. They played many of the songs that I love by them including "My Never," which has inspired a lot in Shadows of Forever. They are another band that I would recommend seeing in person.

If you have not heard of Switchfoot or Blue October, I would recommend looking up their music over at http://www.playlist.com/. I can recommend a few songs if you're interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment