Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Movie Madness: Thumbelina



Welcome to our Movie Madness series. Each day, we will give you a little bit of information about a movie we've seen and whether or not we recommend it to our readers.


Movie: Thumbelina
Release Date: March 30, 1994
Where did we see it? The first time we saw this film, it was through a video rental at the local video store. We were probably around 5 and 8.

What was liked: I have always loved this show as an animated choice. The film is set in the world of fairies and thumb-sized girls. It is based off of the fairy tale, Thumbelina, by Hans Christian Anderson. In this film, Thumbelina goes on an adventure to find her way home (and to her prince). Along the way, she meets several characters with interesting obsessions and things to sing about. Some of the characters are likeable, while others fall into the category of villians. It is certainly interesting to see who waits around each corner for Thumbelina.

What was not liked: I can't really say that there's anything I don't like about this film. Of course, I first saw it through the eyes of a child, which means I was much less critical than I am now. It is a great example of classic animation with songs to sing to.

Would I recommend it? I would recommend seeing this movie. It'll take you back to the days of childhood. If you know a child, check it out together. I think you'll find it enjoyable.

How did it rate? I would give this movie 5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment